A lil history – how we got here – Pilgrims were separatists who first settled in Plymouth, Mass., in 1620 and later set up trading posts on the Kennebec River in Maine, on Cape Cod, and near Windsor, Conn. Puritans were non-separatists who, in 1630, joined the migration to establish the Massachusetts Bay Colony. The Pilgrims came first to America and settled in Plymouth while the Puritans came later and settled in Massachusetts. The pilgrims came looking for religious freedom while the puritans came for religious freedom and many puritans came for economic opportunity too. The puritans came much more prepared with food than the Pilgrims. The Pilgrims came wanting to leave the Church of England while the Puritans wanted to purify it. The Pilgrims and Puritans came to America to practice religious freedom.
There are numerous forms of government that have been practiced throughout history and in different parts of the world. Here are 17 examples:
- Democracy: A government system where power is vested in the people, who have the right to choose their representatives through elections. Yet it seems the power is vested in who has the most amount of funds to travel, produces ads, and who can be bought by groups – that is not a democracy.
- Republic: A state in which the power rests with the citizens who have the right to elect their leaders.
- In a pure democracy, laws are made directly by the voting majority leaving the rights of the minority largely unprotected.
- In a republic, laws are made by representatives chosen by the people and must comply with a constitution that specifically protects the rights of the minority from the will of the majority.
- The United States, while basically a republic, is best described as a “representative democracy.”
The agreement the Reedy Creek board made with Disney is effective in perpetuity. However, if a judge voids that, it would last 21-year past the death of any currently living heirs of England’s King Charles. If Microsoft had thought of this – Apple may have never been created.
4. Autocracy: A government system in which one person possesses unlimited power – if by some extremely strange shift in the universe and Donald Trump were re-elected, rest assured the USA would fall under this type of fuckery.
5. Oligarchy: A form of government in which power is held by a small group of individuals or families.
6. Theocracy: A government system where religious leaders or religious principles hold the ultimate authority – according to Dumb and Dumber -Christian Nationalists would be forced upon all living creatures.
7. Anarchy: An absence of a formal government or authority, where individuals live without hierarchical rule – MAGA
There are 17 in total.
It’s interesting the GOP is overly concerned with sexual orientation and abortion yet:
- Jim Jordan allegedly overlooked sexual abuse more than 100 former Ohio State students say they were sexually assaulted by a former university athletic doctor. Jim Jordan maintains he knew nothing. Additionally, he was instrumental in preparing documentation for VP Prence to use to keep Trump in office and refused to show up to the hearing. Oh don’t let me forget he refuses to admit Trump lost.
- Lauren Boebart – vaping, fondling, and getting fondled at a family-friendly show of Beetlejuice – lied until the video surfaced.
- Marge Greene – enlarged an image of Hunter Biden’s dic pics and showed it during a hearing and made copies and mailed to her constituents.
- Matt Gaetz – Has a two-year investigation to determine whether he had crossed state or international borders to have sex with underage girls – yet members of Congress have stated that he showed videos and spoke of the pills he used to prolong his pleasure.
Just a few of the GOP blunders – we won’t talk about not having a House Speaker…